Website name:Quezon Philatelic Club
What makes this website outstanding?
Because this site is an great way for collector to take part in sporting new and fresh collector in the part of they hobbies stamp collection is fun and interesting on finding new stamp
Conceptualized during the term of 2007 JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel President Angelo Parcon and launched during the term of 2008 President Jolex Lim, the JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel website became a very powerful marketing and reporting tool for the term of 2009 President Emi Parcon.
With the entry of several corporate sponsors who wholeheartedly embraced the idea and the vision of the new JCI chapter website, it now featured a fully operational and interactive venue not only for the members of JCI but also for the rest of the world. Among its applications are the JCI album, the member’s email, updated news and members’ blogs, the guestbook, a list of JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel roster of members, calendar of activities and a discussion forum.
The website’s contents strictly adheres to the 3M (Media, Marketing and Membership) formula of JCI and aims to further promote these via the content and the available applications present in its interface.
As of this writing, the site is ranked 1.9 million WORLDWIDE according to www.alexa.com and is ranked in the top 15,000 in Philippine websites.
Alexa is the premier web information website in traffic ranking. Undoubtedly the site is the highest ranking Local Organization (JCI Chapter) website in JCI Philippines.
It currently ranks amongst the top in search engines such as Google, MSN and Yahoo when uses the keywords "jci philippines" and lords over the top rankings when a search for JCI in Cebu is entered.
It has garnered nationwide popularity among fellow JCI members from various Local Organizations from Luzon to Mindanao. Its news and photo albums are one of the most updated databases as the webmaster has made it a point to update within a three day period for the past eight months.
Members can even re-affirm their JCI membership with their very own JCI Local Organization email (firstname.lastname@example.org). A good number of new members during the 2008 Administration can attribute their entry into JCI when they inquired about the membership process through the JOIN US! link on the website.
No less than Brazilian JCI World Secretary Edson Kodama visited the site and praised the chapter for this nice website in which he noted -we can feel the energy and enthusiasm of each one of you.-
• To communicate the value to — and create value not only for JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel as a Local Organization but for JCI Philippines and JCI itself as a movement.
• To expand the awareness of the various activities of the Local Organization.
• Provide another marketing tool for the Local Organization and the movement.
• Poise the website to become an income-generating tool for the Local Organization
When the 2008-2009 transition period began, then incoming President Emi Parcon made it a point to revitalize the idea of having an official JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel website. Aside from the fact that the website would serve as a gateway for the chapter’s activities to become known to the entire world, she recognized the fact that it will also become an income-generating tool for the years to come.
The Website Development Team came up with a dynamic design that would cater to a wide range of applications that would be both interesting and useful to the members. Initial research on various JCI websites, particularly www.jci.cc and www.philjaycees.com was done in order to pattern the upcoming website on. A massive collection of data and suggestions was made from the members to fill up the content of the website.
The President then assigned members who were experienced and had the passion for blogging and writing to compose the 5-man editorial team led by PRO Jonelyn Ocular to maintain and produce articles for the website. The webmaster was selected based on experience of graphic designs and the ability to fully organize ideas and concepts that would be presented in the website.
The website also incorporated several private pages which only registered members are able to view and write content on. In all, the JCI C-MC website is a portal which presents the achievements, projects and upcoming programs from the ideas of the JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel General Membership to the rest of the world.
INTERACTIVITY AND SERVICES PROVIDED
Getting users to visit the web site was a challenge faced by the Web Development Team. The large number of JCI web sites, particularly in the Philippines alone was a threat in making the site bereft of users.
They resorted to help with some new interactive concepts which have emerged recently and have proven to be successful in pulling users towards the JCI C-MC website. These were added to the site to provide added spice aside from the rich information and visual experiences that proved to be a draw to potential visitors and gradually increased its ranks in the search engines.
· Opinion Polls: Although opinion polls do not have the same kind of impact as games and competitions, it helped in creating user interest and added a medium level of interactivity to the JCI C-MC web site.
The opinion poll is good to use as a survey tool and gauge the mood of the users and especially useful for the site_s news and current affairs aspect to it. The key factor in making the opinion poll a success was that it was updated regularly and the results of previous opinion polls was published for the readers to see.
· Blogs: The JCI Blogs is one of the most effective ways that made users view the site. The JCI Blog helped in creating a community on the site and when the exchange of information became interesting, the community grew with each passing day.
The Cebu-Mactan Channel blogs have not been limited to members of the local organization alone, guest bloggers in respected past JCI Philippines National Training Commission Chair Reggie Yu of JCI Manila and JCI International Training Fellow Mennen Aracid’s articles are also a regular staple in the site.
The JCI Blogs was viewed as an excellent way to grow the popularity of the web site considering that several JCI C-MC members are bloggers and excellent writers themselves.
· Forum Discussion: Recently added to the list of interactive pages for the site, the Forum Discussion provided registered members of the site discussion points for anything under the sun. It also provided them to discuss other matters not necessarily relating to JCI but in everyday life.
· C-MCxer’s Chatbox: A real-time interactive tool and open to the general public. Any visitor who will view the site can post comments and see them immediately upon saving.
· Comments: For all articles, news, blogs, photos and videos in the site, one can post comments which will eventually form a discussion on a certain topic that is original to the site.
It is under the comments sections of the articles that spawned several discussions involving members all over JCI Philippines.
Aside from these interactive applications, the JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel website also offers the following services and information:
· BRIDGES: A collection of JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel_s official publication, JCI Bridges. One can download these from the site.
All in all, the content of the JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel website is a diverse collection of information, interactive services and applications which is useful not only to the JCI membership but to the general public and the immense populace of the worldwide web.
When Charter President Cerwin Eviota first broached the idea of making the Chapter’s very own website, JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel already had in its fold JCI Mem. Eric Martin Taghoy, a noted web designer and entrepreneur who is responsible for making and maintaining several websites already. He was magnanimous enough to sponsor the costs the domain name for the website would entail. Thus www.jcicebumactanchannel.tk was born.
During the incumbency of 2007 President Angelo Daniel Parcon, the Board of Directors proposed to make the website more interactive and more appealing not only to the membership but to whoever would be visiting it eventually. Thus a brainstorming activity was conducted to make a detailed structural plan for what was soon to be www.jcicebumactanchannel.com. The activity proved to be very productive as they eventually came up with a detailed structure and a clear picture on why each aspect of the site needs to be done.
Many basic aspects and reasons were drawn on why the Local Organization needed a website:
· Almost all successful JCI Local Organizations have websites
· The constant PR publications by the chapter are only available to the immediate local community (Cebu). Having a website will open the chapter’s reputation to the rest of the world.
· It will eventually evolve into a very effective and yet cost-efficient advertising method not only for the chapter but for the JCI movement itself.
· The need to support JCI_s general plan of reinforcing the JCI Branding and the movement itself. This can be considered as the chapter’s little contribution to the such.
· Aside from the E-Groups, the site will serve as an effective communications tool for the members.
Next to consider was the question: What do potential visitors to the chapter’s website want from our website? Content is the hardest, most time-consuming part of any Website development project. It was all a matter of achieving the mindset of someone from the outside looking at the content of the website.
The most basic content that would eventually dominate the site database were:
· News and updates of activities
· The Membership Roster
· Photo Albums
· Comment boxes on EACH article
· Other pertinent information about the chapter and the movement.
The involvement of JCI Mem. Dennis T. Cabase, a website developer and netrepreneur came in such a perfect timing for the website plans. Already responsible for the hosting and maintenance of various international websites, he volunteered to host the domain name and registration of the site at zero cost charged to the chapter.
It opened the floodgates to what is now a very popular website. The entry of the webmaster who himself is very well-versed in JCI affairs and graphic designs set the wheels of development into motion.
In order to make the site a top-notch marketing tool, the chapter intertwined the site to its corporate partnership packages. The corporate partners of the chapter would be given a special portion on the site’s frontpage to market their own companies and businesses. Thus whoever will visit the chapter site would have links available to them that would lead them to the respective sites of these partners.
The development of the site did not entail any expenses for the chapter since the members responsible for it gave their services free of charge. All of this was done in the spirit of the JCI movement.
The news articles and photos are reflections of the passion and determination of the General Membership. The chapter decided that all information and photographs will be funneled to the email address email@example.com which allowed the webmaster and editors to organize these into articles for the website.
All in all, the Local Organization is not spending a single centavo in maintaining and hosting the chapter website but is reaping immeasurable benefits not only for JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel but for the entire JCI movement as well.
VALUE TO THE JCI ORGANIZATION
The JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel website has achieved many different goals for the Chapter and to the movement in general. The specific goals may have varied, but the primary goal of our online presence is typically one or more of the following:
· Online Marketing of the Chapter: When most people first hear of a website, their first question tends to be, "What products are they selling?" Selling the chapter online is the most tangible form of a website. It has proven to be a very effective tool in the recruitment process as several new members of this year’s administration have hooked up with the chapter via the JOIN US! link in the website.
· JCI Brand Awareness: The JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel website is an excellent tool for promoting the JCI movement and further has contributed to the building of the brand awareness.
· The Web Development Team saw to it that in order to achieve the key to successfully promoting the JCI Local Organization and the JCI Brand, the website has to be consistent. They made sure that the website uses the same colours and logo as the rest of the JCI marketing materials.
Efforts were kept to make it focused and consistent, which in turn made JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel’s reputation and the JCI Brand reinforced with the site’s visitors. Investing in the time, energy and effort in building the solid JCI C-MC website ensured that it effectively communicated our objectives to its visitors.
Members have been constantly encouraged to use it and its resources. Further, the web address is present in all letters, emails, faxes, business cards, brochures, t-shirts and stickers for ALL JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel activities and programs.
· Information Dissemination: The website practices the principle of _brochureware_ or _static site_. Meaning, the JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel website is one that disseminates an incredible amount of information.
· Generating Leads, Prospective Members and Corporate Partners: The website was designed to generate interest about the Local Organization and the JCI movement by providing useful information. We capture leads from our site all the time, and we realize that this is one of the great values of the JCI C-MC website.
We focus on quality content which draw in prospective recruits into the JCI movement and more corporate partners that are willing to join hands with the programs of JCI.
As of this writing, according to the website www.alexa.com, the chapter website of JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel ranks 1.9million against the billions of websites around the world and is arguably the top ranked local organization website under JCI Philippines.
The JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel website’s services is essentially dedicated to bring to the rest of the world all of the activities, programs and the personalities belonging to this very young organization. In effect, it further expands the influence of the JCI movement in a wider scope and the chapter is proud to have contributed in its own small way through the website.
The Web Development Team adhered to the Golden Rule in designing sites: CONTENT IS KING.
The Web Development Team also made it a point to have the website available THE WHOLE YEAR ROUND. It is the chapter’s testament of how the JCI movement has effectively molded members from all walks of life.
This is JCI Cebu-Mactan Channel, FROM US TO THE REST OF THE WORLD in our journey to BE BETTER.
Website name: PSME-UPSU
Website url: http://psmeupsu.com
What makes this website outstanding? Great organization in UP aiming to promote mechanical engg as an industry and helps youngsters to be great engineers in teh future.
Website name: COTTOLENGO FILIPINO
Website url: http://www.cottolengofilipino.org/
What makes this website outstanding? Cottolengo Filipino is a non – stock, non – profit religious and non – government organization licensed and accredited by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
Website name: Pangasinan Medical Society
Website url: http://www.pangmeds.org
What makes this website outstanding? the site provides information and interactive needs of its members as wel as for other visitors to know the oragnization itself and its vaious programs and projects
Website name: Philippine Windows Users Group
Website url: http://www.phiwug.org
What makes this website outstanding? Create awareness to all Windows IT Professionals and the public on the technology that Microsoft Servers and Client Systems can offer and how effective they are for use in business, learning, entertainment and productivity.
Website name: Government of Laoag Employees Development Cooperative
Website url: http://www.gledco.org.ph
What makes this website outstanding? GLEDCO continues to cater to the needs of its members, mostly employees of the City Government of Laoag, with its financial products in the form of loans of different types – salary, housing, car, buy-out, petty cash loan, etc.
Website name: Philippine Call Centers Alliance
Website url: http://www.philcall.ph/
What makes this website outstanding? The organization’s operating philosophy is to set a high standard of customer relations management and professional ethics among its members; to be in the forefront of instituting industry alliances and linkages; and bring into the national and international path the added value of working with SME Call Centers. PhilCall’s key objective is to serve as a prime catalyst for continuous advocacy and reforms for industry development.
Website name: Information Systems Security Society of the Philippines
Website url: http://www.isssp.org.ph
What makes this website outstanding? Helping the government and private businesses in ensuring the safety and security of their respective information systems.
Website name: National Council on Disability Affairs
Website url: http://www.ncda.gov.ph
What makes this website outstanding? The NCDA is the lead agency tasked to steer the course of program development for persons with disabilities and the delivery of services to the sector.
Website name: Office of the Special Envoy on Transnational Crime
Website url: http://osetc.gov.ph
What makes this website outstanding? Office of the Special Envoy on Transnational Crime (OSETC) as “an oversight body to provide the critical link between and among local, national, regional and international agencies and organizations in forging agreements, concretizing cooperation and harmonizing action.
Website name: Pag-rangayan Community Development Foundation, Inc.
Website url: http://www.pcdfi.org/
What makes this website outstanding? A site that necessitated the dislocation of 660 families and affected the lives of some additional 3,000 families using the Agno River for their livelihood in the municipalities of San Manuel and San Nicolas in the province of Pangasinan; and, Itogon in the province of Benguet.