The Telecom / Value-Added Services category intends to spotlight on websites that focuses on mobile phone gadgets, accessories, voice over IP, telecom service, ring tones, or any other mobile or land-line phone related services.
Nominate a site now by posting a comment on or before October 19, 2009. It should include the following:
What makes this website outstanding?
Website name: Teach Lola | The First Step in Getting Your Lola Online
Website url: http://teachlola.com
What makes this website outstanding? Bayan Telecommunications’ Teach Lola campaign is an initiative to bridge the communication gap between the younger and older generation of Filipinos by pioneering the drive towards encouraging the younger generation to take the first step to bridge the digital divide by teaching their grandparents how to get connected to the world through the World Wide Web. Since its launch, the site has become an avenue where people can go to get references on how they can teach their grandparents the Internet, as well as generate a team of young movers ready to extend the Internet audience to the older generation.
Website name: Globe Telecom
Website url: http://site.globe.com.ph
What makes this website outstanding? An excellent site in terms of content and design. It offers site visitors with all the services the company offers including subscription and payment for services.
Website Name: GCASH Click
Website URL: www.globe.com.ph/gcashclick
What makes the website outstanding? GCASH Click is first in the Philippine to integrate online purchase, payment and delivery service. Orders are made through the website, payments are made via Globe's m-commerce service, GCASH, while the delivery service is provided by Delbros. GCASH Click makes online purchases secure as it temporarily holds funds and the payment is credited to the seller until item buyer receives the item. GCASH Click keeps buyers and sellers updated on their transactions via SMS and email notifications. GCASH Click also provides a "view transactions page" where both buyers and sellers can see the status of their online transactions.
GCASH Click requests a FREE one-time registration to store sellers' and buyers' information so they don't have to encode their address and other contact information every time they make online transactions.
GCASH Click has the following information available in the site:
1) Benefits page - Reasons why shop through GCASH Click
2) Instructions page- This section comes with a tutorial in a flash format to familiarize users on the simple steps on how to use the service. There is also a text section should the users prefer to print a copy.
3) Frequently Asked Questions - This section is divided into three: General GCASH , Sellers' FAQs and Buyer's FAQs.
4) Shipping rates - This page has a shipping rate calculator portion and a General Shipping Rates section. The general shipping rates section displays the packaging sizes and price for user's easier reference.
5) Quick tips page - Contains tips for a hassle-free GCASH Click shopping
6) Partner seller's page - Partner sites that accept GCASH Click are displayed in this page. If user clicks on the logo, the online store's page is opened through a new window.
7) Contact us page - Hotlines and email address of GCASH and Delbros customer service are displayed for customer inquiry/questions.
8) Terms and Conditions page
9) GCASH Click logo section - Sellers can download the GCASH Click logo from this section and embed the GCASH Click html code in their site.
GCASH Click is also Verisign Secured for the security of users.