It is the time of the year again where we nominate social media and social network marketing campaigns that catched our attention. I encourage all of our community members here to participate and cite noteworthy campaigns worth recognizing.
The DigitalFilipino.com Social Networking Awards
intends to honor Filipino excellence in social media and social network marketing and advertising. Winners will be announced and recognized on the 2nd day, April 23, of the Social Networking Conference 2010
Entries will be accepted at the following categories: (please click on the category names to submit your entry)
- Social Network Campaigns done or carried out in social networks either as an independent effort or as an advertiser of the site.
- Virtual Worlds / Games Campaigns done or carried out in virtual worlds or games either as an independent effort or as an advertiser of the site.
- Social News, Bookmarking, Media Voting Campaigns that requires getting votes in social news, social bookmarks, social media, or related sites.
- Photo / Video / Media Sharing Campaigns that involves sharing of photos, videos, or other media by the advertiser or submission of photos, videos, or other media by target audience or participants online.
- Ratings / Reviews Campaigns that involves encouraging target participants or audience to submit a rating or review online.
- Forums Campaigns that promotes products, services, advocacies, among others availed or shared within forums.
- Micro-blogs Campaigns done through the use of micro-blogging sites like Twitter, Plurk, and other similar tools.
- Blogs Campaigns done through blogs or tapping bloggers.
- Search engine marketing Campaigns meant to raise your site's visibility in search engines to attract more visitors.
Who may enter
The awards is open to all Filipino organizations and individuals who have used or involved in the process of developing campaigns under any of the categories mentioned in this award. Campaigns eligible for entry must have run anytime from April 1, 2009 - March 10, 2010. The person submitting the entry will be considered the "nominator" and will receive all communications regarding the Awards. Anyone can submit an entry.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria and compete head-to-head with other entries within their specific category.
Leading the panel of judges is DigitalFilipino Club honorary member Aileen Apolo.
- Design (25%)
The mechanics of the campaign.
- Creativity (25%)
The novelty / uniqueness of the campaign.
- Copywriting (10%)
The whole campaign promotion script.
- Impact (40%)
Results and returns gained by the campaign proponent versus time, effort, and amount invested.
- The judges’ decision will be final. No protests or requests for reconsideration will be entertained.
- Organizers reserve the right not to select a winner if, in its opinion, no suitable entries are received.
- Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any entry at its sole discretion. No protests or requests for reconsideration will be entertained.
As this is also an educational activity, DigitalFilipino Club Members will be briefed on all entries received during the Social Media & Networking Marketing Toolkit for Business webina... on March 15 to 26. Nomination will begin this February 1 to March 15, 2010 at the DigitalFilipino.com Social Network.
(Note: from March 13, the submission of entries was extended to March 15. By midnight, posting of comments shall be closed and no more submission shall be entertained.)
What to submit
Users and campaign developers will be able to post their nomination in the forum. The entities will be contacted in the best effort possible. If unreachable or no response by March 20, their nomination will be considered as void.
All nominees will be given up to March 20 to complete their submission including access to relevant files that will help judges evaluate and measure the entry's effectiveness according to the judging criteria. These files shall be posted in Google Docs and shared to digitalfilipino (at) gmail (dot) com.
Anyone can help in this award by:
- Becoming a sponsor.
- Nominate deserving entries.